Travel Pay: Handle It Correctly and Compliantly in 2019
About this course
Watch RECORDED Session for Just $99
Recorded On: April 19, 2019
Training Duration: 60 Minutes
Access any day, anytime, unlimited times as per your convenience*
Manage Travel Pay, Expenses & Taxation with Confidence
Travel Pay can be confusing due to state and federal laws, this webinar will help the participant to understand the rules of all kinds of pay when employees travel as part of their work.
This webinar will cover all the department of labor requirements for employees that travel to include not only travel pay for a one day assignment but overnight concerns, waiting time, meeting and training regulations.
This webinar will also include IRS regulations for a better understanding around taxable and non-taxable expenses. How to properly handle spousal travel and frequent flyer miles
- Gross Pay/Overtime Concerns
- Defining “Hours Worked”
- Preliminary and Postliminary Activities
- “On-Call” Time
- “On-Duty” Waiting Time
- Training And Seminar Time
- Travel Time
- Taxation and Expense Concerns
- IRS Travel Expense Concerns
- Accountable and Non-accountable Expense plans
Why Should You Attend:
- The participant will gain valuable knowledge to understand what is considered compensable travel pay from gross pay and overtime calculation.
- Real life court cases will be shared to help expand learning.
- To better understand when and how you should pay employees when they travel for meetings and trainings.
- Details around special pay concerns such as call in, waiting time and how to understand the definition of hours worked.
- Taxation and travel expense concerns reviewed along with IRS rules
Who Should Attend :
- Payroll Professionals
- Compensation Professionals
- HR Professionals
- Benefit Professionals
- Accounting Personnel
- Business Owners
- Lawmakers Attorneys, or any individual or entity that must deal with the complexities and technicalities within the payroll process
In this Recorded Session, you can listen to Q&A which includes direct answer from our expert speaker.
*Instruction kit to access the session will be emailed within 6 hours.
Recommended Training Sessions: