Travel Pay 2019: Handle It Correctly and Compliantly
About this course
Watch RECORDED Session for Just $99
Training Duration: 60 Minutes
Access any day, anytime, unlimited times as per your convenience*
Manage Travel Pay, Expenses & Taxation with Confidence
How to compensate employees for the hours spent traveling on business is becoming one of the major concerns of the payroll department today. Travel Pay can be confusing due to state and federal laws also. it isn’t just the DOL that is interested in travel pay.
The IRS also has strict regulations on when employees can be paid for travel expenses without it being considered wages. Does the company use the per diem method to reimburse employees or the accountable plan method? Or do you even need to have a method when it comes to reimbursing employees for travel expenses?
The participant will gain valuable knowledge to understand what is considered compensable travel pay from a gross pay and overtime calculation, requirements under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) of when to pay employees for traveling. Real life court cases will be shared to help expand learning. This webinar will also give the tools for the participant to understand how to also handle the expenses,IRS and taxation concern for employee that travel.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Travel pay requirements—What you must pay for and why
- Best practices for paying travel pay correctly
- Which employees have to be paid…and when
- Payroll Compliance and travel pay issues—keeping wage and hour claims at bay
- What to do when federal and state laws conflict and handling multiple state conflict issues
- How travel pay affects overtime calculations—travel pay differences for exempt and non-exempt employees
- Special circumstances that may require travel payment
- What are per diems
- When travel payments are taxable
- Accountable and non-accountable plans
Why Should You Attend:
This webinar will cover all the department of labor requirements for employees that travel to include not only travel pay for a one day assignment but overnight concerns, waiting time, meeting and training regulations. This webinar will also include IRS regulations for a better understanding around taxable and non-taxable expenses. How to properly handle spousal travel and frequent flyer miles.
Who Should Attend :
- Payroll Professionals
- Compensation Professionals
- HR Professionals
- Benefit Professionals
- Accounting Personnel
- Business Owners
- Lawmakers Attorneys, or any individual or entity that must deal with the complexities and technicalities within the payroll process
In this Recorded Session, you can listen to Q&A which includes direct answer from our expert speaker.