Record Retention: Mistakes HR Professionals Can Avoid Fines and Penalties
About this course
Watch RECORDED Session for Just $99
Training Duration: 90 Minutes
Access any day, anytime, unlimited times as per your convenience*
The process of organizing, saving, and destroying company records can be confusing even for a seasoned professional. Save too many files, and your company will pay unnecessary storage fees. Accidentally destroy certain information and you could be vulnerable to costly fines with the DOL or unprepared in the event of a lawsuit. Courts are increasingly issuing significant fines against companies that have destroyed documents that were relevant to the litigation. Sometimes courts even enter default judgments in particularly egregious cases. How do you protect your company?
Session Highlights :
- Get the keys to solving record retention issues: what’s required by law?
- Learn how to determine a record’s retention and storage period
- Get tips for a strong electronic record retention program
- Understand how your retention obligations change for paper and electronic records
- Establish policies for electronic records: Email, IM, & Web content
- Understand what records should be kept when an employee leaves
Why Should You Attend :
Employers have lots of information on their employees – from social security numbers to disciplinary records. It is impossible to keep everything indefinitely. Destroying documents too soon, however, will inevitably lead to serious consequences. When can you destroy documents safely and legally?
Join this session by expert speaker Susan Desmond and get tips on creating a strong electronic record retention program to protect your organization from costly fines and penalties.
Who Should Attend :
- Company owners
- Human resource professionals
- Record keeping personnel
In this Recorded Session, you can listen to Q&A which includes direct answer from our expert speaker.