About this course
Watch RECORDED Session for Just $99
Recorded On: Sep 26,2019
Training Duration: 60 Minutes
Access any day, anytime, unlimited times as per your convenience*
According to a study by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, 27% of all business in the United States are subject to payroll fraud. Even worse the average time that payroll fraud goes undetected is 36 months!
The misappropriation of cash and fraudulent financial reporting are ongoing concerns for many business managers and owners. Payroll fraud is one of the most common forms of employee theft and is often exceedingly difficult to detect. One of the challenges to stopping payroll fraud is keeping abreast of the different types of scams that exist. Few of them are Advances not paid back,Buddy punching, Ghost employees, Paycheck diversion, Pay rate alteration, Unauthorized hours.
Often the internal controls that are necessary to help prevent and detect payroll frauds are missing or ineffective. This webinar is intended for small to big business and will help you understand the legal rules around detecting and deferring payroll fraud. The speaker will review tools that companies can use to make sure that fraud can be deterred or detected immediately.
- Learn Preventing Payroll Fraud
- What are the Internal Controls to prevent frauds
- Learn how payroll fraud occurs and acting on it
- Learn about the latest fraudulent activities
- Details around statistics of how often payroll fraud occurs
- Payroll Fraud Statistic’s-How big of a problem is it?
- Sarbanes-Oxley 404 Requirements for publicly traded companies
- Tools (Process Maps, Business Continuity Plans, Process Documentation
- Auditing for Payroll Fraud
- Ethical Business Practices
Participants will gain tools to reduce the chances of payroll fraud, understanding laws that can affect payroll fraud and how to handle them
Who should attend:
- Payroll professionals
- Accounting Professionals
- Tax Professionals
- Benefits Professionals
At the Q&A session following the live event, ask a question and get a direct response from our expert speaker.
In this Recorded Session, you can listen to Q&A which includes direct answer from our expert speaker.
*Instruction kit to access the session will be emailed within 6 hours.