Paid Sick Leave Legislation: State, City and County Jurisdictions Compliance
About this course
Watch RECORDED Session for Just $49
Recorded On: Nov 18 ,2019
Training Duration: 75 Minutes
Access any day, anytime, unlimited times as per your convenience*
Paid sick days legislation is emerging across the country. More than 33 million private sector workers are currently legally protected by these laws. Since there is no requirement under Federal law that employees be given sick leave at all, there also is no Federal legal requirement that sick leave, if provided by the employer, be paid leave. However, currently there are some state and local laws requiring employers to provide paid sick leave for their employees.
States, cities, and counties across the United States are implementing paid sick leave laws designed to ensure workers can take sick days without losing pay and without fear of retaliation. Measures adopted across the nation typically require a minimum number of paid sick hours or days each year and often mandate other guidelines in terms of permissible reasons for leave and record-keeping requirements for employers.
- Which States currently have paid sick leave legislation in place?
- Which employers are impacted by paid sick leave laws?
- State laws vs. City laws vs. County laws
- Strategies to ensure workers are not subject to adverse employment actions when taking sick days
- Permissible reasons for paid leave
- Record-keeping duties for employers
- Avoiding adverse actions against employees who request and/or take sick leave
- Administrative concerns
Why you should attend:
In this specially crafted training session by Federal Comply you will learn how employers need to review their sick leave policies to ensure compliance and be prepared to implement new policies. Additionally, employers need to have procedures in place to ensure workers are not subject to adverse employment actions for taking those sick days.
Who should Attend-
- Senior Leadership
- Human Resource Managers, Generalists & Representatives
- Managers & Supervisors
- Compensation & Payroll Professionals
- Operations Managers
In this Recorded Session, you can listen to Q&A which includes direct answer from our expert speaker.
*Instruction kit to access the session will be emailed within 6 hours.
Recommended Training Sessions :