I-9 Audits by Using New I-9 Correction & Storage process: DHS Compliant
About this course
Watch RECORDED Session for Just $99
Recorded On: Sep 18, 2019
Training Duration: 90 Minutes
Access any day, anytime, unlimited times as per your convenience*
A customized step by step program to conduct your I-9 internal audit and correction program accepted by DHS!
The DHS and Immigration Control Enforcement (ICE), the enforcement arm of DHS, increased their efforts 100% to increase I-9 audits to Employers nationwide. Over 5200 audits were conducted and several arrests of Employers were made. More audits are expected via warrants and Notification of Inspection (NOI). Are you prepared for ICE Police to knock on your door???
- Learn what types of errors have the highest fines;
- Ensure you have the most current I9 forms that is required;
- What has changed in the most recent focus with the new political administration?
- How is the right way to correct I9 documents and save your company from unnecessary violations?
- What is the minimal risk Employers have when establishing an I9 document Correction & Storage Process?
- How should I9 documents be effectively corrected?
- How should I-9 Documents be purged;
- How long should I9 documents be retained for active and terminated employees?
- Why are most Employers unclear about completing the new I9 form?
- Why are most HR professionals or those responsible for processing I9 documents still violating the request for documents section?
- What can you do if you have remote employees when it comes to I9 forms?
- How should I-9 Documents should be discarded according to guidelines;
- What new immigration guidelines do Employers need to be aware of with the new administration?
- Learn what to do if you are audited by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) & Immigration Control Enforcement (ICE)
Many Employers take the risk or are unaware the I9 documents penalties and fines. Moreover, Employers are under the impression that I9 document violations are low risk because “who is going to tell?”.
Well I am here to tell Employers that anyone can make a claim or complaint and it doesn’t even have to be true. Additionally, now the regulatory agencies are communicating more than ever before. The Department of Labor (DOL) communicates with the Internal Revenue Services (IRS), the DHS communicates with Child Support Services and on and on, it isn’t hard to imagine news getting out to target Employers however, research has proven that most complaints come from disgruntled employees and others come from audits of target industries.
Employers must be aware of all the new guidelines for completing the new I-9 form as well as the ongoing regulations for appropriate method of correcting this document without incurring fines and penalties.
- Excel Spreadsheet to add your organization logo
- Active/Termination Employee log sample
- I-9 Memo Template Explaining Errors
- HR Professional Certification Template for internal Certified HR Professional!
- I-9 Audit Guide: a step by a step resource guide
- Resource for remote Employees Processing-New!
Who should attend:
- All Employers
- Business Owners
- Company Leadership
- Compliance Professionals
- Human resources Professionals
In this Recorded Session, you can listen to Q&A which includes direct answer from our expert speaker.
*Instruction kit to access the session will be emailed within 6 hours.
Recommended Training Sessions: