GMO Food Labelling in USA The Final Rule 2019: Bioengineered Food Disclosure Standard
About this course
Watch RECORDED Session for Just $99
Recorded On: March 29, 2019
Training Duration: 60 Minutes
Access any day, anytime, unlimited times as per your convenience*
Label Right—Get Compliant with the USDA National Bioengineered Food Disclosure Standard Rule
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) released the final rule on bioengineered food disclosure on Dec. 21, 2018 and it became effective February 19, 2019. The mandatory implementation date is January 1, 2020. It will impact nearly all food companies in the USA! If you are a food manufacturer, importer, distributor or run an entity that labels foods for retail sale, the USDA National Bioengineered Food Disclosure Standard rule will now require you to disclose information about bioengineered (BE) food and ingredients. You need to be absolutely familiar with the final rule to avoid regulatory challenges, legal proceedings, and other serious repercussions.
Learn how to be fully compliant with the USDA Final Rule on Bioengineered Food Disclosure in this informative webinar by regulatory expert Norma Skolnik. She will walk you through the list of bioengineered foods; exemptions from the Bioengineered Disclosure Rule; incidental additives; disclosure requirements in product labeling; disclosure options available to food manufacturers and distributors; symbols to be used and graphic requirements; timelines for compliance, and a lot more!
The session will cover the following topics:
- List of bioengineered foods
- Exemptions from the bioengineered disclosure rule
- Incidental additives
- Disclosure requirements in product labeling
- Disclosure options available to food manufacturers and distributors
- Symbols that are to be used and graphic requirements
- Electronic or digital link disclosure
- Small food manufacturers
- Timelines for bioengineered food disclosure standard compliance
Why You Should Attend:
Attend this webinar to learn what food products are impacted by this rule, and everything that is exempt. You will also be able to correctly label bioengineered/GMO (Genetically Modified) foods and non-GMO foods to avoid regulatory and competitive challenges. You will know the timelines for compliance, and will be better placed in redesigning your packaging to comply with the final rule in time.
Who Should Attend :
- Regulatory affairs managers in the food industry
- Food marketing managers
- Labeling managers at grocery and food companies
- Agricultural companies that provide GMO ingredients
- Food and grocery manufacturers and distributors
In this Recorded Session, you can listen to Q&A which includes direct answer from our expert speaker.