Estimating and Demonstrating Product Reliability: Sample Sizes and Testing Times
About this course
Watch RECORDED Session for Just $99
Training Duration: 60 Minutes
Access any day, anytime, unlimited times as per your convenience*
Explore Effective Approaches for Verifying and Achieving Product Reliability Requirements
Like all other performance requirements, product reliability requirements need to be satisfied before product launch. However, reliability is a function of time, so the methods for verifying performance reliability differ from most other performance characteristics.
This webinar with expert speaker Steven Wachs will explore several approaches for verifying reliability targets or specifications have been achieved to the desired level of confidence. Steven will specifically discuss approaches using time-to-failure data to estimate reliability metrics and demonstration tests, where minimum reliability may be demonstrated with zero or few failures. You will learn about methods that help manage the risks of field failures due to inadequate designs or misunderstood product use conditions. You will also get options to verify and demonstrate that customer reliability requirements have been achieved.
- Overview of reliability
- Reliability metrics and specifications
- Estimating reliability with time-to-failure data
- Confidence intervals and bounds
- Demonstrating reliability with zero or few failures
- Tradeoffs between testing time and sample size
- Impact of assumptions on test plans
- Improving demonstration test power
- Develop reliability test plans that optimize available resources (e.g. testing time, number of units)
- Achieve confidence that product will perform successfully in the field
- Demonstrate that customer reliability requirements have been met
Why You Should Attend:
This webinar provides a solid overview of life data analysis for reliability estimation. Additionally, the webinar covers methods to demonstrate required reliability performance, especially when few or no failures occur. Attending the webinar will allow the participant to support product development teams with assuring product reliability requirements are met.
Who Should Attend:
- Product Engineers
- Reliability Engineers
- Design/Development Engineers
- Process Engineers
- Test Engineers
- Quality Engineers
- Quality Assurance Personnel
- Project / Program Managers
- Manufacturing Personnel
In this Recorded Session, you can listen to Q&A which includes direct answer from our expert speaker.