Electronic Recording and Monitoring Legal Pitfalls-Emails, Phone Calls etc.
About this course
Attend LIVE and Watch RECORDED Session both for Just $179
Live Session Date: 24 June 2019 Time: 10:00 AM PT|12:00 PM CT|01:00 PM ET
Can’t attend Live?No worries! Your purchase will include a recorded session which you can watch any day, anytime, unlimited times as per your convenience
Training Duration: 90 Minutes
It is a new world out there, and managers and HR need to be aware that with new technology comes with new risks. Can recordings, monitoring, tapping hurt your organization, and what can you as an employer do to safeguard yourself from laws. Employees can easily record every conversation they have with management with a quick tap of their smartphones. Can you have a policy prohibiting this, and what might that policy include? Is an employee’s recording of your conversation lawful? Is it admissible in a court of law and can it be used against you? Would telling employees that they cannot record your conversation violate any laws? If so, which ones?
Another issue that employers often wonder about is an employer’s right to view text messages that an employee sends. Can an employer read an employee’s e-mail? Can a supervisor listen in on conference calls without announcing him or herself? Could that violate the employee’s right to privacy? Could it violate any other laws, federal or state? What policies does HR have to implement to protect your organization with regard to these issues?
Please join legal expert, Melissa Fleischer, Esq. as she clears up these questions and more in this informative and relevant webinar.
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- Are employers allowed to record their employees without their consent and vice versa?
- Is it lawful for employers to prohibit employees from taping conversations in the workplace?
- What laws exist that might make this a problem?
- What do the courts have to say on this issue?
- Can employers lawfully monitor employee’s e-mails, text messages, etc.?
- What risks exist for employers who do view an employee’s e-mail or text message?
- What policies and practices do you need to have in place to conduct such monitoring?
- Could monitoring employees lead to claims of violation of their right to privacy?
- AND MUCH MORE!
Why You Should Attend:
- Make sure your employees are not preparing for litigation by recording important conversations HR and Managers are Conducting.
- Ensure that you know what to include in a No-Recording in the Workplace Policy.
- Learn how to comply with the laws that impact having a No-Recording in the Workplace Policy.
- Understand your compliance obligations when monitoring your employee’s electronic communications.
- Understand what laws govern and could cause legal perils when monitoring employees’ electronic communications.
Who should attend:
- HR Professionals
- In-House Counsel
- HR Directors
- HR Generalists
At the Q&A session following the live event, ask question and get direct response from our expert speaker.
Note – leave us Email on email@example.com or chat with us if you need any help.
*Recording will be available after the completion of Live session.