EEOC Harassment Claims Guidelines
About this course
Watch RECORDED Session for Just $125
Recorded On: Aug 26,2019
Training Duration: 90 Minutes
Access any day, anytime, unlimited times as per your convenience*
Harassment continues to be a huge problem in the workplace. In an effort to clear up confusion as to when employers should be held liable for workplace harassment, the EEOC recently issued new guidance. The guidance addresses so much more than the run of the mill sexual harassment claims – it includes racial harassment, sexual orientation harassment, and so much more! For the first time, the EEOC also gives us an indepth discussion of what it is looking for in your harassment policies and your harassment training programs.
- Understanding the EEOC’s approach regarding employer liability for quid pro quo harassment and hostile working environments – who does the EEOC consider as a supervisor?
- Defining quid pro quo harassment
- Defining hostile working environment
- Employer obligations when the alleged harasser is a customer
- Defining when an employee has engaged in protected activity
- New EEOC approach to retaliation claims
- Tips in conducting a proper investigation
- What the EEOC wants to see in your policies and harassment training
- Proper documentation of an harassment investigation
Why you should attend:
How an employer handles an harassment claim can make all the difference in avoiding a lawsuit. It also makes all the difference in whether your company will be held liable for someone’s harassment of your employee. Employees are becoming more aware of their rights and are not shy about using the term “harassment.” The EEOC will also be looking at your investigation to determine whether you took that claim seriously and how you responded. This session will guide you through what the EEOC will be expecting in analysing your investigation.
Who should attend:
- Human Resource professionals
- Risks managers
- Human resource generalists
In this Recorded Session, you can listen to Q&A which includes direct answer from our expert speaker.
*Instruction kit to access the session will be emailed within 6 hours.