DOL Final Overtime Regulations Are Here!
About this course
Watch RECORDED Session for Just $59
Recorded On: Oct 23, 2019
Training Duration: 60 Minutes
Access any day, anytime, unlimited times as per your convenience*
On September 24, 2019, the U.S. Department of Labor announced a final rule to make 1.3 million American workers newly eligible for overtime pay.
The final rule updates the earnings thresholds necessary to exempt executive, administrative and professional employees from the FLSA minimum wage and overtime pay requirements, and allows employers to count a portion of certain bonuses/commissions towards meeting the salary level. The new thresholds account for growth in employee earnings since the thresholds were last updated in 2004.
Many remember the panic during the Obama Administration when the Department of Labor finalized regulations raising the minimum salary for white collar exemptions to $913 per week. Shortly before these regulations were to go into effect, a Texas district court judge struck down the regulations citing many issues with the regulations and finding that the DOL did not have the authority for many of the new changes. The DOL appealed and, in the meantime, the Trump Administration took office. The appeal was stalled while the DOL went back to the drawing board to address how to raise the minimum salary level from the current level of $455 and to address the district court’s concerns.
The long awaited final regulations have been published and, barring successful legal challenges, will go into effect on January 1, 2020. Attend this knowledge packed session to know all.
- Why the district court struck down the Obama Era overtime regulations
- Do the new regulations address the district court’s concerns?
- The new salary level
- Using nondiscretionary bonuses to meet the new salary level
- Defining the white collar exemptions
- Practical suggestions regarding raising pay to meet the new salary level
- Practical suggestions for those who may need a bump in pay
Why you should attend:
New Rules will go into effect on January 1, 2020.To know and to clearify your all queries attend this session about-
- How do you plan your budget to meet the new salary level?
- What about others who already meet the new salary level – will you need to bump up their pay as well?
- What if you don’t want to raise the pay and now your exempt employee will have to go back to punching a time clock?
And much more.
Who should attend:
- Human resource managers
- Chief Operating Officers
- Payroll Personnel
In this Recorded Session, you can listen to Q&A which includes direct answer from our expert speaker.
Recommended Training Sessions :