2019 Attendance Rules Training for FMLA Compliance
About this course
Watch RECORDED Session for Just $149
Your purchase will include a recorded session which you can watch any day, anytime, unlimited times as per your convenience
Training Duration: 90 Minutes
The Family and Medical Leave Act is probably one of the most difficult leave laws to navigate. Understanding the various terms, calculating the leave to which an employee is entitled, determining what benefits you must provide to employees while on leave can be a legal landmine. Managers and supervisors often get frustrated by absenteeism – particularly when it makes it so difficult to plan schedules because the absences are unpredictable. Employers must also keep in mind that your manager or supervisor is the person that your employee will likely communicate a need for leave. If the supervisor does not inform human resources, the department often will not send out the paperwork that may be required under the Act.
- Personal liability of supervisors
- Important definitions under the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Calculating the leave to which an employee is entitled
- Determining what benefits to which an employee is entitled
- Avoiding interference claims under the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Reinstatement rights of your employees after leave
- Handling abuse of leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Running workers’ compensation concurrently
- Avoiding retaliation claims upon return to work
Why You Should Attend :
This presentation will walk you through this legal landmine and provide with the nuts and bolts of what the Family and Medical Leave Act and will train your supervisors and managers to know when they should be picking up that phone to call human resources or send them an email. The webinar will also be valuable for human resource professionals who will need to train supervisors and managers in the future about what they can and cannot do under the Family and Medical Leave Act.
Who Should Attend :
- HR Professionals
- Benefits Professionals
At the Q&A session following the live event, ask a question and get a direct response from our expert speaker.
Note – leave us Email on firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us if you need any help.
*Recording will be available after the completion of Live session.